As a major supplier of timber and timber products to the construction and civil engineering industries we are acutely aware of the increasing importance of environmental matters surrounding the sourcing and supply of these products.
In order to minimize our environmental impact we abide by the following principles:
- We are committed to investigating the sourcing of timber from legal and sustainably managed forests in accordance with FSC®
(Forest Stewardship Council®) and PEFC™ (Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification™) where possible:
- We offer a unique environmentally sound scheme whereby certain timbers can be sold with a pre-negotiated ‘Buy-Back’. This therefore reduces the amount of materials sent to landfill as the material is being bought back to be re-used;
- We conduct all of our operations in an environmentally sound manner;
- We comply with the relevant environmental regulations;
- We continually strive to maintain or improve our environmental performance.
- We will clearly communicate Ryder Services environmental policies with all employees and interested parties.